Sunday, November 28, 2010

Personal Statement

My name is Catherine J. Rivera but people call me Cathy. I am 17 years old. I was born in December 8, 1992. I was born at the Metropolitan Hospital in Los Angeles. I am 5’8. I go to City Honors College Preparatory Charter School in Inglewood. This is my last year in high school and I am exciting to start a new chapter in my life.
I have lived in a couple of placed over the years. When I was born, my parents sat that we lived in a couple apartment building close to downtown Los Angeles. After the earthquake in ’94, we moved to an apartment on Wilton Pl. We lived in that building until I was 12 because our apartment caught on fire. I didn’t want to leave my school because I was doing so good there, I would be awarded with certificates every year but my mom told me it was time to move on. After the fire incident we moved to an apartment in Inglewood. I went to Highland Elementary my 5th grade year. I didn’t go back there my 6th grade year because they transferred me to Parent. After my seventh grade year, my mom decided to move to a house on La Brea, so I lived there for 2 years. I attended Parent until 8th grade. I always had good grades and I was very popular since I was captain of the basketball team. My 9th grade year, I came to CHCPCS while I was still living in the house. Before I started my sophomore year, I was having too many problems at home with my mother and her boyfriend so I decided to live with my dad and his wife in Paramount. I have been living in Paramount ever since.
I love my family with all my heart. I have no idea where I would be without them. I have so much respect for my family; I would kill and die for them. The person that I admire the most though is my grandfather. He has gone through so much throughout his whole life. He worked here in America for several years until he was diagnosed with diabetes and wasn’t able to work anymore. He was the one that took care of me and raised me when my parents were at work. He taught me so much that every time I’m thinking about doing something, his voice flows through my head telling me to do the right thing. My grandfather inspires me to do great things and to be successful. I want to be as wise as him when I grow up.
I have a lot of plans for my post secondary education. I want to go to a great University where I can go to learn how to have a successful career. I want to graduate college on the honor roll because I know that in the end, I will feel great about myself and this goal that I have accomplished after so much hard work. I have a couple of career goals that I am thinking about but I haven’t decided completely. I want to be a nurse or a doctor. Blood is so cool to me. I think I would have a lot of fun. I would also like to be a marine biologist because I want to be able to work with dolphins and penguins.
I want to live a great life when I get older. I want to have a well paying job. I want to live in Malibu or on a good neighborhood where I can raise my children. I plan to have kids after I am settled down. I want to be able to spend time with them. I want to be happily married with the man that I love. I want to have two top of the line cars. I want one car to be my toy, my baby, my favorite car of all time. I want the second car to be my professional car. That’s the car that I am going to take to work and drive my kids around.

No comments:

Post a Comment