Sunday, November 28, 2010

I Dont Understand.

Having the average teenage problems was difficult but I can say that I turned out pretty good because not only did I prevail over those problems but I also overcame the situation of my parents’ divorce. The divorce of my parents is the thing that has impacted my life greatly.
I hated seeing her leave for work. My mom forgot she left too early for me to say good bye. I’d sink into the couch so I could force myself to hold back my tears I was trying to get rid of but this wasn’t the first time I had missed her. I tried turning in early because I didn’t like looking at the blank face my mom gave me. I thought I slept the pain away but every time I got up for school she still left the empty bottles from the night before. I felt the pain my mom couldn’t explain, counting the empty bottles of tequila that sat in front of me.
I couldn’t wait for my dad to get home. My family’s dinner table was packed with food but my dad hadn’t made it in the door to see me. I’d start running over to the window so I was the person he saw but his car wasn’t black. The engines I heard were coated with candy red and neon blue but the white maxima he drove didn’t pass by. I didn’t let it bother me; it was just another night at the dinner table by myself. If it wasn’t for the napkin over his food I couldn’t even tell he wasn’t sitting next to me. I had learned to get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment