Friday, November 12, 2010

Semester Essay #6 – Good Habits Improve Our Health

           

            There are a lot of good habits that people do to get along with their life as smooth as possible. They do stuff physically so they can be calm, they do stuff emotionally to be at peace, or they keep a good financial budget to stay on top of their money. I believe that playing a port can help anybody feel stress free whenever they need to. I play basketball when I need to relax or if I am going through some issues in my life.
            Playing basketball has helped me control my anger throughout my school years. When I get mad the only thing that I do is go get a basketball and start to play. In basketball, since I play the power forward and center I do the dirty work so it’s rough down there. I get to bang around with the other player which helps me release all the anger and pressure that I have inside of me. When I am playing alone, I do my hardest moves because then I can actually burn some of the stress off. I run it all off, I yell and I cry. Once I get tired, I feel so weightless because it’s like a burden that has been lifted off of my shoulders.
            The anger that is held within me is all the stress, pressure, and sadness that are brought upon me by my family. When I play basketball nobody is there. It is just me and the basketball in my hand. Nobody can stop me when I am playing basketball. I feel untouchable because the love that I have for it makes me forget about everything else in this world. Nobody exists but the court and the net. Playing basketball has been my get away for years. It is the paradise away from home. I can play basketball for a couple of hours and I am a happy person. Nothing can hold me and the power that a basketball gives me.
            Basketball can help somebody release all of the tension that they have. The basketball game consists of running, shooting, and dribbling. When you run up and down the court you are able to show the ability you have. You can go as hard as you want. When you get tired, you get worn out and you do not worry about everything that is going on around you anymore. You feel like if everything that you were frustrated about is not even worth your emotions.
            Basketball is the good habit that I recommend people to do when they are under a lot of pressure. The feeling that basketball gives you is powerful and you do not feel impotent anymore. The emotions that are bottled up inside of you will not be there anymore once you are done playing basketball. Guaranteed! You want to have a good habit for a healthy life; basketball is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment