Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Personal Essay

My dad cheated on my mom when I was 8 years old so he moved in with the lady and abandoned us. Every day, I came home wishing that my dad came back with his stuff. Every day I sat by the window that looked out to the street and prayed that the next car that drove by would be my dad's car. My dad would call me and tell me that he was going to come back and live with us because he missed us and couldn’t live without us but for some reason that wasn’t good enough. When he would come back he wouldn’t bring all of his stuff. The only stuff he would bring is the things that somebody would pack when they are going on vacation for a couple of days. That’s what my dad did. My dad would stay for a couple of days and then he would leave for a couple of weeks and then he would do it all over again. This routine happened for years and I couldn’t do anything but hope one day it would change. It never changed. My parents grew apart even more and I knew that them getting back together was never going to happen. I was so disappointed that I didn’t know how to act anymore. My feelings started changing for a lot of things. I started to accept it but that disappointed never left.

No comments:

Post a Comment