Sunday, November 28, 2010

Our Days

My world since day one has been a roller coaster. Should I be happy with how my life has developed? People say that I have become a very smart beautiful young woman but why don’t I feel this way. I remember my youth and how it was when I was a little girl. I can honestly say that those were the only years where I had no problems and I still had my innocence. Those were the days where the only time I would face pain was when I got a knee scrape or I hit myself because I fell off my bike. I had the same routine everyday and I lived by it because I loved it so much. Wake up in the morning to my mom making breakfast, get ready, walk to school which was around the corner with my best friend, learn at school and when school was out my best friend and me would by a snack and walk home, go to my apartment because we all lived in the same building, finish our homework while we have something to eat and once we were done we would go outside and play with the rest of our friends in our apartment building. I would see when my dad would pull up the drive-way at 5:30 or 6 at the latest and I automatically knew that once my dad got home my mom had food cooking in the kitchen. I would walk up with my dad and went into the house. As soon as we would walk in the house we can smell the delicious food that my mom had prepared for the day. We would sit at the table as a family and we would eat and talk about our day. My dad talked about how his day was at work, my mom talked about her job, and of course, I talked about how my day went at school. I loved the weekends! Every Saturday, I would get up and lay there with both of my parents until my mom got up and fixed breakfast. My mom would make my dad coffee with peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. We would eat and I knew that as soon as we were done we were going to start cleaning the house. My dad would start blasting the Salvadorian music which would include merengue and Punta and then we would get to work. While I would pick my toys up my dad would clean the living room and pick up the trash that would be around the house. There was an occasional break when he would tell me to dance with him like if we were having a private dance lesson. My mom would be cleaning the kitchen and fixing the rooms. As soon as we were done cleaning my dad would sit on this chair that was placed in the corner by the window and I would seat at his feet. He would be reading the newspaper to see what movies are out. My dad would ask my mom about a certain movie and as soon as we chose one, we would start getting ready. Once we were done getting ready we would hop in our car and head to the movies. After the movies we would go to my favorite restaurant to this day, Othai Ocha, a Thai food restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment