Sunday, September 19, 2010

My Deepest Fear..

My deepest fear is something that I know I will have to face one day. Losing my grandpa is something that makes me cry to even think about it. My grandfather is the person that means everything to me. He is the one who raised me. The one who fed me every day and took me to the park. Growing up, he was the one that went thorugh the most pain because of his disease but the think that I admire the most is that no matter the pain, he always had a smile on his face. The words of wisdom that he gives me does not comapre to any other words that anybody else will be ever able to give me. I wish that my siblings and the rest of my family could actually see the grandpa that I had. They are too young to even experience the wisdom that he witholds. I know that one day, I am going to have to give my grandfather up to the heavens. I am happy to know that my pap lived a full and happy life with his family. My papa comes rolling in his wheelchair with a joke on his sleeve. All his jokes makes me laugh. The corniest things he does but those are the little details that I will always remember when I think of him. He always tell me that you can never be sad because you have to be happy to know that you are alive to see another beautiful day. I hope that one day, I can have the knowledge that my papa has. When he talks to me, I do not worry about anything else but his words. It amazes me all the time to see the complexity of everything he says. I love my papa and my deepest fear will soon come to reality but until then, I will cherish every moment I have with him.

1 comment: