Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The House We Lived In...

The house we lived in brings so many great memories to my life. Waking up, knowing that my school is around the corner made my mornings chill and smooth. I didn't rush anything and I always left out the door ready for school. I walked to school with my best friend that lived in the same building as I did. At to 2:30, the bell rang and we already knew where we were supposed to meet to walk home. On our way home, we would always stop by the ice cream truck to buy our snack for our 5 minute walk. We walked to my apartment because my house was the house that we went to when we wanted to chill and do our homework. We walked in the house, said Hi to my mom, turned on the television, got something to drink, and then start on our homework. We finished our homework at 4:15 and we knew that once both of us were done, it was time to go play outside with the other kids from the building. The people we grew up with playing every day after school until it was too late to even watch t.v. when you were called back in the house. Running outside to call every one's name, all of the other kids came out of their houses to join me and my best friend, Leslie. Everybody got together and it would be time to decide what games we were going to be playing. The games varied from hide and seek, freeze tag, stores, bikes, roller blades, boot camp, picnics, jump rope. We played any and every game we could think of. Playing as many games as we could, we had so much fun. Then the fun stopped when I heard my dad's whistle from our window letting me know it was time to go in for dinner. As soon as I opened the door, I could smell the delicious aroma that came from the kitchen. As the daughter, I had to set up the table which I had fun doing because I knew that we were going to have a good family dinner. The house we lived in blessed me with so many happy memories from those first 10 years of my life. I will never forget them because that is when I feel my life touched perfection every day.

1 comment: